Who we are
TIFLIX is powered by Thalassaemia International Federation a patient-oriented non-profit, non-governmental umbrella federation that aims to promote access to optimal quality care for all patients with haemoglobinopathy disorders. Our website address is: https://thalassaemia.org.cy
What data we collect & process
TIF collects the following personal data:
- Web Forms such as when you type information into a registration form or type a search query into a search box.
- Web logging, which enables us to collect the standard information your browser sends to every website you visit – such as your IP address, browser type and language, and the site you came from – as well as the pages you visit and the links you click while using our sites and digital services.
- Course Grades and Certificates: Grades and Certificates of individuals participating in TIF’s courses will not be made known to third parties.
- IP Address: The IP address through which the PC of the user or visitor accesses the internet and the TIF site is used exclusively for the collection of statistical data.
How we use this data
Participants in TIF’s courses, conferences and/or projects understand and acknowledge that the information they provide during their participation is collected and controlled by TIF. The information is recorded and used for statistical purposes, for determining optimal promotional strategies and for information on the areas of interest to patients, health care professionals and governments concerning haemoglobinopathies. TIF uses this data to distribute to its subscribers its newsletters, magazines, email blasts and text messages, using the ‘WhatsApp’ platform based on user preferences on confidentiality clauses and only upon the users’ consent.
How you can access your personal information and your rights
You have several rights as a data subject as summarised below:
- Access: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed by us and, if it is, to access your information and details of how we process it, as long as this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Rectification: We will rectify any errors in the personal information we hold on request.
- Erasure: You may ask us to erase your personal information from our systems.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to restrict our processing on specified grounds.
- Data portability: You have the right in specific circumstances where processing is based on consent to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit the information to another controller without hindrance, provided that our processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object: In certain circumstances you have the right to object to our processing of your information, including in relation to profiling, direct marketing or scientific or historical research purposes.
How to exercise your rights:
- To exercise any of your data subject rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that if you delete or restrict your account or required information, this may prevent you from making full use of our services.
Data Security & Retention
All personal information will be saved securely on TIF’s server and/or cloud provider upon anonymisation and only if and for as long as it is needed. You have the right at any point, to request for your personal data to be extracted and provided to you or to be permanently deleted. For any questions and/or clarifications please contact email@example.com.
- The content made available for downloading from TIF’s website, including but not limited to publications, informational material, briefings, announcements, press releases, newsletters, graphics, images, leaflets etc. as new work is copyright protected and the intellectual property of Thalassaemia International Federation. The layout of each page, the appearance of the content and titles also comprise intellectual property of the Federation.
Electronic Access to Databases:
- License to use content is granted solely for informational research and consultation purposes. License to access TIF’s website electronically and use its content is granted free of charge.